.............................................................................................................................................................................

MAP 10: THE ROLLING THUNDER REVUE TRAIL

This lovely map was created and drawn by Thomas Cozzolino, and drawn to my attention by the indefatigable Harold Lepidus of the Dylan Examiner. You can download a 97MB tif file of the map from here.

PS. For some reason, the Comments facility isn't working on this post today. Through my website Thomas Cozzolino has sent me this message: Thank you for your the mention on your blog. A slight correction, however: I do not know the original artist; I saw a picture of Dylan with the map in the background (probably in the 80's). That began a long search for a copy. I finally found one (via an expectingrain.com post) - that was the low-res version posted by Patrick Leer. Here's what I did:
- printed Patrick's version on 22" x 33" plotter paper
- traced each line, letter and dark area by hand
- sent to a printing lab for high-res scanning and printing on canvas.
I framed mine and posted the 100MB scan for the world to enjoy (and so that no one would ever have to trace 1 billion tiny line segments by hand :-) ... I would love to know who the original artist was.

If you could cite me as the contributor and perhaps ask the true artist to identify themselves, that would be fantastic - I could not take credit for creating something so wonderful. Thank you again - cheers!

P.S. I very much enjoyed reading Song & Dance Man III, many years ago.

4 comments:

  1. a wonderful gift. thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So who drew the original map?

    And where has it appeared before?

    http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/550133_484991761563786_2037345816_n.jpg

    Planned and depicted by Captain on June 4

    Is that what it says?

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the tweeter Bob Dylan & Band, it is famously by Thomas Meleck; their Facebook page reproduces the Thomas Cozzolino version courtesy of "the Mitch Blank archive" and calls it a "careful" copy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick was my “uncle” or “stepfather.” Either way, one of the most humble, bravest, kindest, most patient men I’ve ever met. RIP he passed away but he gave me his RTR pin before he did. And I’m glad you’ve done what you’ve done because it’s such a cool map & it’s hard to find Patrick’s stuff.

    Anyway, thanks.

    ReplyDelete