.............................................................................................................................................................................

MAKING AN ANIMATED FILM OF A COMIC BOOK ABOUT PHO

I know nothing about graphic novels / comic books  -  in my childhood comics were either the Beano (good) or war comics (boring), and then when the Fabulous Furry Freaks generation came along, I was turned off, despite the palpable mad genius of Robert Crumb, by how sordid a representation they were giving to what I experienced as the glorious 2nd half of the 1960s. But I just stumbled upon this, loved the hand-drawn style of the SubmarineChannel page where I found it, and was both painfully envious of the joy of collaborative creative work  -  my own work always seems lone and less creative  -  and entranced by the whole process. (This isn't important but there's even a little bit of a mid-60s Dylan song in here, from around 08.12 to 08.35.) Watch to the end and it'll make you feel hungry too...


.

No comments:

Post a Comment